Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Things I would tell my younger self

When I was in 6th grade, I had just gotten side bangs. 
Having the "center part" for my entire life, this was a huge, awesome change. But to my dismay, these bangs kept curling inward to my face, and spazzed all... squiggly everywhere. I thought my hair was so ugly, and I was jealous of my friends, who had all owned their own straighteners.

So one morning, after my mum had ironed her shirt for the day, I crept into the room and found that the iron was still very much warm.

I put my head on the ironing board.
And I ironed my bangs.

Needless to say - but I completely damaged my hair! It got so... burnt and crazy, I can't even describe how bad it looked. I guess it was my fault for being completely and utterly whack! @__@

I just happened to remember this incident last night, so I decided to dedicate today's post to the topic "things I would tell the young June" - beauty, fashion and life related tips I'd give the younger me. 


:( 

This is gonna be embarassing. 



1. Don't iron your hair.

2. Just because The Cute Boy told you your hair smelt good, doesn't mean you should dump the entire shampoo bottle on your head the next day. 

3. Be careful with that wax strip!!! DO NOT DROP IT (Wax side down) ON YOUR WOODEN FLOOR, DAMMIT. 

4. Please don't buy 234823948239 "J-14" (and the like) magazines just for the posters. 

5. Do not over-wax your upper lip. You will have an angry, bright red moustache for the next 5 days. It will be embarrassing. 

6. Don't cry over backstabbing friends. 

7. Please - don't wear that thick, heavy Lululemon sweater in the middle of July, just to "show off" to The Cute Boy.
He doesn't care.
You will melt. 

8. Just because The Cute Boy's favourite colour is red, doesn't mean you should go to the mall every single weekend to buy new red clothes. 

9. Don't try to tan in the middle of the recess playground (ahem, on the cement). Trust me - it won't be the same as a "vacation" tan. 

10. Don't cry over not winning the High school student council election. It was your fault you treated it like a popularity contest, and did a 10 second speech. (Next to the girl who did an actual, real one) 

11. Be nicer to people. The friends you had in Gr. 12 could have been the friends you had your entire HS life. 

12. It's okay for people to be in your life for a short time. People come and go, enjoy them while you have them - and don't wallow in the past.

13. STOP EATING CAFETERIA FOOD. IT WILL KILL YOUR BODY. Really.

14. Water really does help with acne. Drink that stuff.

15. Please don't make friends with that girl. She'll tell the coach you have a crush on him, and proceed to ruin your extracurricular life. 

16. Don't buy that "Skin79 hot pink BB cream" for $30 at Pmall. DON'T!

17. Don't try to dry shave your legs 30 seconds before you have to leave the house. Results will hurt. 

18. Buy a bra, man! You're in xxx grade! @__@ (It was way too embarrassing to say, lol.)

19. Uh, what are you doing with that needle? 
Why are you burning it with that candle flame?
WAIT, are you going to poke your pimple with a red hot needle?! 
NO! DON'T DO THAT. IT WILL HURT. 

20. Use chapstick, blistex, whatever. Chapped lips are not attractive.

21. Wearing clothes with huge "A&F" letters on them doesn't automatically make you cool. Stop. -__-







Those are the 21 things I would tell my younger self! Phew! Some of these are embarrassingly recent (can you guess which?), too!





What would you tell your younger self? 
[Beauty, fashion, life tips to the younger you!]

53 comments:

  1. You're so brave to post this.. I wouldn't be able to. xD Sounds like you had an interesting life though. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA you're so cuteeeeeeeee. I wonder how cute The cute boy was! Poking pimple with hot needle sounds super hurtful. Why did you do thattt?

    Everythingaboutbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee, I was desperate to get rid of that pimple LOL. It did hurt, yes. T___T (And yeah, the cute boy was tres, tres cute. hehe~) xD

      Delete
  3. "Don't buy that "Skin79 hot pink BB cream" for $30 at Pmall. DON'T!"
    Aww! Haha I think I bought my first Skin79 bb cream for about $47 :( Asian malls really try to rip off as much money from you.

    Stars Aligned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I haven't bought anything over $10 at pmall since then! xD

      Delete
  4. Aw this is such a great post! I've ironed my hair with a clothes iron too! I regret it as well! Haha thanks for sharing!

    xoxo, Aman | coffee chic twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaa, no problem - and eee, glad to hear I'm not the only one! xD

      Delete
  5. It's so cute you did a lot for your crushes (wear red clothes, shampoo, etc)! You're adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - embarrassingly, it was all for one guy. xD From 6th grade to 9th! Thank you hehe *-*

      Delete
  6. lol you are funny xD im laughing for real xD

    Invite you to enter my giveaway :) Click Here I hope you will join :)

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I've been thinking of making a post like this. Maybe I'll make one now! But I'm still quite young I suppose, but maybe it'll be to my middle school self because that was embarrassing times, super embarrassing times hahahaha. I do agree with your #21 a) cause I hate that brand b) wearing brand of any form doesn't make you cooler lol. I wish more people would realize that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr?! I was honestly a brainwashed, walking billboard for A&F. I am happy to say that I am cured now. ;n; <333

      Oh gawd, middle school moments. My eye just twitches thinking about those years.

      Delete
  8. Hehe, well at least you can learn from your mistakes. :) Sometimes it's good to experience embarrassing things. I'm constantly embarrassed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a nice post this is :-) We all make mistakes and so silly things, but as long as we learn from them we'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brave (>_<) some of mine are the same like the over waxing your upper lip! I've made that mistake of waxing it right before a fashion show and that was hard to hide with make-up keke. .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I applaud you for posting these stories about yourself! :) I had a good chuckle out of this post and I feel that you are a very fun person to hang out with~ ^^ That and you sound really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG #4 was totallly me HAHAHAHHA
    Oh, and I would add "don't shave your own eyebrows" to the list, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gawwwwwdd, how could I forget that one?! -Shudders- NOOOO.

      Delete
  13. LOL omg very funny :))
    lovely blog ^^
    thanks for visiting my blog :D
    i am ur new follower now ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd definitely love to go back and change things!
    Admittedly i didn't buy a proper bra until i was... well a shameful age. I was just too scared haha! You're so brave for posting this :3

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd tell myself to avoide junk foods and eat more healthy. Totally agree with water for acne. ^_^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehehe I loved this post, you are adorable!
    I smile while reading this because I would tell my younger self the exact same things :)

    Have a wonderful day sweetheart :)

    ♥ Johanna.
    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post made me laugh/smile in public, eliciting strange looks from strangers...(probably) ._.

    Jeebus, you make my life seem so tame LOL
    I FEEL U WITH NUMBER 18. I FEEL YOU. LOOKING BACK ON PICTURES, I AM ASHAMED.

    Bless this post, you've just made my afternoon better. ^v^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice one! I should answer this tag too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. :D
    you're soo funny, I really like your post (can entertaining people)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL omygoodness haha you are hilarious. I honestly have the same problem with my hair when i was little! (I still do actually, but I finally have a straightener hurray!) damn wavy hair. haha who is this cute boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would tell my younger self more than anybody should know :D

    xx

    http://andysparkles.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are hilarious! The foibles of teenage life...haha...

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahaha you are so funny :) this is actually a brilliant and cute post, made me think about the things i say to my young self ^^

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is such a lovely post, I also ironed my fringe and used a nail brush on my nose to get rid of black heads when I was around 10! needles to say I had half of a fringe (bangs) and a Rudolf nose for the next month!

    ~Amber
    Blog: posturepain.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is very nice post.. you've inspired me to write the same.. brings back silly memories.. haha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for following me! Your blog is brilliant ant beautiful.~ And I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this post!
    I would have to tell myself that maybe I should limit my spending on nail varnish XD

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahh! Awesome post! Definitely have a few things I regret as well. This should be a tag! You're a good sport thought, thanks for sharing! ^__^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cuteness just played all over my head, haha! ⊂((・x・))⊃ I had the same problem with my hair, so instead of straightening it, I used GLOBS of "hair straightening" lotion. Needless to say, my hair looked like greasy seaweed. Thanks for sharing! Did you ever go through that raccoon eyeliner phase when you were younger? Haha
    Love, Meng Ai

    ReplyDelete
  30. Haha, this was so cute and amusing. xD

    Uhh... don't tell everyone who you like. They will tell him and make you seem like a crazy stalker. u.u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhm.... ^^; That already happened... LOL. T____T;;; (Funnily, it was the same girl who told my coach I had a crush on HIM. Arughh!)

      Thank you for reading! <3

      Delete
  31. This post made me laugh so much - great!! :)
    Lovely blog!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aww it sounds like our younger selves had a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I find this a rather interesting and funny post but nevertheless it made me understand you abit more! xD

    http://krystallvl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  34. hahaha awesome post! i had so much fun at reading it =D

    http://shesnotjuliet.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s.: i'm your 300th follower XD yayy

      Delete
  35. This is great! Such a fantastic post. I love it!

    One of the beauty tips I would tell my younger self is to stop over plucking my eyebrows! 10+ years later, they still haven't grown back!!

    Thanks for your comment on my bog! I love your blog and am now your newest follower!!

    Deana
    TesoriBelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hahaa loved it! Few days back I was thinking about all the thing I would've changed but what the hell..its funny and embarrassing and you're courageous to post this. your Cute Boy might read this also xD
    Btw Im already following you on bloglovin and now gfc :D
    Nice blog ♥

    http://shabanasultana.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9807829

    ReplyDelete
  37. holy skirt the things your younger self did hahahhahahahaha XD omg so cute, so funny, and I can totally relate to some of them, not all, though... lol... xD the killing pimples with needles is seriously hardcoreeeee... hahahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
  38. Haha great post! I did so many embarrassing things when I was in high school, some of them are positively cringe-worthy!

    x Gi
    alibimag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would never do this. My list would be huge. Awesome though. >,<

    ReplyDelete
  40. OMG LOLLOLLOL
    CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BOUGHT SKIN79 BB CREAM FOR 30$??????
    it is only like $10 lol

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awwww soooooo cute!! Hahaha every one I read made me laugh a little more :)
    So cute that you did so many things to impress your crush too!!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  42. Haha that's so cute !
    And I can relate to almost all of them XD

    ReplyDelete
  43. ahhh i'm sure it must've been painful but ironing your bangs XD you probably get a chuckle out of that now. i feel like these things help me now too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...