Tuesday, September 3, 2013

[Store review] Kooding.com

Hey guys!

You may have heard of Kooding before - they describe themselves as a "Korean fashion online shopping mall". Kooding has a huge variety of different clothes, shoes, bags and accessories - they also ship worldwide! They carry popular Korean brands, and claim to make your Korean shopping a lot easier and faster.


The store is updated daily with new products - it was fun looking through the site, I thought a lot of their products were really cute and wearable.

With so many positive claims and an impressive product list, is there anything negative about Kooding?
Today's post will be my first store review.






The shirt 

I received this shirt from Kooding for review purposes! This post won't be so much as a product review as it will be on the store - because with so many products that Kooding has to offer, I doubt we'd pick the same thing!


I had picked this shirt out myself, because I just thought it was really casual yet wearable. Despite my obsession with shopping (both in-store and online), I rarely buy clothes online. I want try it before I buy it, and see how it fits and how it looks on me. That way, I won't need to go through a hassle of a return. 

Whenever I do buy clothes online, it's basically with a "here goes nothing" attitude and hope it turns out alright. 

So when I was browsing through Kooding, I found that shirt. It was in "one size" - and in such online shopping malls, you often don't have the option for a S, M or L. Kooding has clothes that are in different sizes - a shirt that comes in "one size" may not be the exact size as a different shirt that comes in "one size". 

I thought, hey, if it was a Korean clothing store, the clothes had to be tiny and fit only the thinnest of people. So although the shirt did come with measurement information, but I barely looked at it and just prayed it'll magically stretch 5x bigger and fit me.


Don't do that. 
Make sure you're reading the measurements, and know what you're getting! 


Because when I received the package a couple days later (shipping was extremely quick), I was shocked at how huge it really was.









Quick [shirt] review

Price: This shirt was approximately $23 USD.

Product picture vs. Real life: Similar (yet fits snugly on the tiny model, but completely baggy in real life)
The shirt may not look as "completely baggy" in the picture above - that's because I had to pin it from the back. If I hadn't, I would've looked like I was swimming in my dad's clothes.

Quality: Decent (not worth $23, though)

Smell: No smell. (Sometimes, clothes bought online will smell like... polluted factory. I can't stand it~)

Comfort: Quite comfortable, no itchiness or anything wrong with the actual shirt.




Store review

Kooding is one of those stores that are fun to browse around in, but might not as be fun to actually purchase from. However, the clothes seem to be of decent quality, and the customer service seems to be convenient - they offer support in 3 languages: English, Korean and Spanish. I do have to say something about their customer service, though. Although it's available in 3 different languages, the service definitely seems to be lacking in some areas. I personally had the feeling I was talking to a machine, and that every email sent to me was copy+pasted+sent. Customer service? It's fine, but... not the best. I know other stores, both clothing, lenses and cosmetics, that offer superb customer service - this isn't one of them.

Although there was a huge variety of different clothes, bags, etc., I honestly think that they are a bit overpriced. I can find similar designs for much cheaper. Many online "Korean fashion" stores sell sweaters at crazy cheap prices, and although not all of them are decent quality (some are terrible), there's enough shops that sell decent quality clothes for cheap. I'm talking $10 sweaters.

Kooding is definitely one of the more expensive online shops I've seen, and I personally wouldn't purchase from them because of this. Just my honest opinion. Because really - if you had a choice to buy an orange shirt for $23 here, and an orange shirt for $10 there... I'm pretty sure anyone would go with the latter (given that quality, etc are similar with both shops).

Repurchase from Kooding? Probably not - I'm not rich.



Rating
Note: I don't give half marks.

Variety of store: /5
Quality: /5
Price: /5
Customer service: /5
Delivery time: /5

Overall rating of store: /5





What about you?
Have you ordered from Kooding before?


Disclaimer: This post was sponsored, but has not affected this review. It remains 100% honest - my opinion cannot be bought.

11 comments:

  1. I'm exactly like you! I hate buying clothes online without trying it out in real life! x3 I've never tried Kooding before though~ I've tried Yesstyle, and I agree...make sure to measure yourself before buying stuff xD Thanks for the review!

    chocobunnii13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMFAO thats the shirt I'm dying!
    It doesn't look that bad tuck in your pants when you wear jeans you will look like a role model student ><

    http://shinesque.blogspot.ca/
    Shinesque

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never tought that something like that would hapend o.o
    I'm not a huge fan of buying clothes online. I always need to try them out first, specially when not everything suits me.

    Thank you for this review. Please take care!
    Have a nice day!*

    beauty-with-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buying online is risky but i often buy my clothes via online because i'm such a lazy girl haha. And that also happens to me alot of times, The clothes that i bought thru online are either big or too small for me >.< but thank goodness i found some online shop's that are just here at my place and the size's are accurate to my body size :)

    ~Michelle
    http://www.lapetitemichelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so strange I literally was just looking at that store! I was a little turned off by their prices so I'm glad I saw your review. Can't wait for your next post ! xoxo

    momopodo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I'm the same with online shopping for clothes, I never really do it at all, unless I am positive of the measurements and size. I had never heard of Kooding.com before this post. Thanks for the review! ^__^b

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with you about the Korean style clothing stores, most of them are ridiculously cheap and definitely a go-to when you want something new but don't have much money! Think i'll stay away from this one after reading your review.

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I personally love online shopping but I hate oversized stuff too :c I think I will pass here too because it is really expensive for a simple orange shirt :O But the sweaters at ebay are so cheap and nice quality! You should browse there haha :D I also love yesstyle you should look there! online shopping can be really nice if you're on the right sites! Maybe you will like online clothes shopping too when you're on their sites haha :D

    Mindy~
    http://mymychen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That colour is so awesome! Do you have a sewing machine? Cause you could run the sides in to make it fit a bit snugger.
    I'm the complete opposite! I do most of my clothes shopping online.
    But I worry so much about sizing. I've been lucky so far, except with shoe sizing, which I always mess up. :P
    I've never heard of Kooding before. Will go check it out.
    ♥ Bec

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like Kooding.com and I go on there a lot but the clothes are unbelievably overpriced >.<

    petite29.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the service is too bad..they shipped me after 3 weeks since i have order my item. it takes like 6 months to receive my order. after one week i returned my order due to the unfit-able size. ate the end, they dont return me cash, they return me gift card and still charge me 3 dollar to each item.....and they give some reason just funny.
    "In some cases, refund will process as ONLY Gift Certificate when the payment system are not allowed due to expired refund date of credit card company or Paypal"
    my Paypal is fine...i never hear that before......
    however they return me gift certificate and still charge me 3 dollar for each...
    ok, fine I am tired up to argue who is right... i use my gift certificate to buy again.... so for my item not ship yet since i have order 3 weeks ago............i try to leave message to customer service many times, nobody answer me... bad credit, bad service... they cant do as they say..... can not trust again

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...