Monday, March 17, 2014

[Review] Etude House Baking Powder Crunch Pore Scrub

Crunch those pores, son. 


Heeeeeylo. After a good month or so, I am back with yet another review that might possibly change your life.
Mmkay - finally publishing a post after a good month+ feels... awkward. I won't lie. 

I have Etude House's "Baking Powder Crunch Pore Scrub" with me today, woo!~

Credits: Etudehouse.co.kr

Admittedly, I haven't tried too many Etude House skincare products. I like to lean closer to the Laneige, IOPE and Sheseido brands for skincare, but mainly because I trust those brands and have been using them since forever.

But hmm - dangggggg, Etude House. I like this product of yours.

Click "read more" for more.






I'm pretty happy with the skincare products I have right now - I found my HGs, and I happily repurchase them over and over again.
But change happens to be good, and I'm glad I got a chance to try this scrub out!



Description

"Formulated with baking powder to penetrate, exfoliate and cleanse skin deep within pores to remove makeup and residues. Scrub cleanser formulated with peppermint to soothe skin."
- 100% natural fragrance
- dye-free



Yeah... try reading that.



Packaging + Size
The packaging is very cute - I find it adorable. When my mom first saw this, she kept trying to bring it to the kitchen, lol. I was all like, "ma, that's for mah face." And she kinda stared at me like "...what?"

There are 24 triangular pouches in this set, and each pouch contains 7g of product... which is quite a lot. Etude House says it's good for 1 application, but really - you can easily use it in 2 applications.






Texture + Scent 
When you cut open the package, the product inside is a soft, creamy white colour. It's pretty grainy and you can feel the little grains as you massage it into your face.

It's not thick at all, and is gel-like. There's definitely a cooling sensation during (and after) use, which is very nice and pleasant. It should be perfect for a summertime night routine!

The scent? I like.
It's got a lemony-peppermint smell to it, but it's pretty strong.

Price
- $7.62 at Honestskin (Currently on sale for $5.32!)





Directions

"Tear along dotted line to extract scrub cleanser from pouch (one pouch per application). Apply cleanser to wet face, lather and massage then rinse off with warm water. Use 1-2 times per week."




Application

It's a gel-like substance which makes it easily to massage over the face - there's a cooling sensation which I really, really like. It leaves my face feeling super clean and fresh! There's a "tingly" sensation when I use this, and I like that. Heh.

I honestly think that this product would be my favourite in the summertime. It'll be awesome to use in those sticky, hot and humid summer nights.
Or mornings - the fresh cooling sensation can definitely wake you up!





Makeup removal test!

The product claims to remove makeup as well as cleaning the pores, so I put it to the test. Dun dun dun dun dunnnn.

Left to right: - Missha Super M liquid pen liner
- Lancome eyeshadow, palette "Bronze Amour"
- Etude House gel/pencil eyeliner, black
- Holika Holika Jewel light eyeliner, black
- Holika Holika Jewel light eyeliner, olive jade
- The Face Shop gel liner pencil, brown
- Etude House CC cream, silky
- Missha perfect cover BB cream, #23
- Etude House Dear my Blooming Lips, OR204
- Etude House cherry tint, RD301



So... clearly, it got messy.




But then it got clean. Yee.




All the makeup was easily removed, with exception of 3 eyeliners (Etude house, Holika Holika, Holika Holika). It took about a full 45 seconds to remove the makeup using the Etude House Baking Powder Crunch Pore Scrub.

I'm assuming that you won't rely 100% on this product to remove ALL your makeup, so if you use oil-based removers to remove your eye makeup, that'll be useful.



Makeup removed, basically.




My thoughts + experience 

My all-time favourite in the "mask/scrub" department is the Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask.

However, Etude House's BPCPS (Baking Powder Pore Crunch Scrub) is really, really, honestly, good as well. Good enough to be favourite #2! 
It's simple to use, convenient, portable as heck, and cleans my face well. And for the price, I think it's a pretty good deal.

Just like the Innisfree clay mask, this leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. It's easy to use, easy to wash off, and leaves no weird residue on my face. (I've had troubles with other scrubs, you see). My skin feels "like new", and I swear it feels like it has lungs of its own and breathes.
I kid you NOT. 

The picture (nose) that you see here is slightly red because I went scrub-happy. Mah baaad.
It's results after using the Etude House Baking Powder Crunch Pore Scrub.

If you're longtime readers of this blog, you've probably seen my nose in all its gunk-filled glory (in a "before" picture). Omg, I'm getting cringes and shivers just by thinking about it.
Clearly, after using the Etude House BPCPS, it really does clean my skin very nicely and makes it freshhhhity fresh fresh~

Admittedly, the "100% natural fragrance" is pretty strong. If you're sensitive to strong scents, this may not be the best product for you. I kind of "teared up" at the strength of the lemony-peppermint scent while using this product for the first time. I had no idea that the scent was going to be that strong, and had used an entire pouch in 1 application. It was like... "BAM BAM LEMON BAM PEPPERMINT!!!11!!1" on my face.
I was quite taken aback.
(I've gotten used to the scent by the 2nd application, and now use 1/2 of a pouch at a time.)

Other than that - 
If you've got an extra $5.32 lying around, I really recommend this product to you. Especially if you live in hot and humid temperatures! (Even if you don't, this is great haha.)


Pros 
- Very affordable
- Cute, simple packaging
- Very travel-friendly!
- Cooling sensation
- Cleans the face well, fresh feeling
- Removes makeup
- Skin gets so soft (and smooth) after use
- "100% natural fragrance"


Cons
- Scent might be too strong for some people! :(
- Doesn't remove makeup 100%


Tip
- If you use 1/2 of a pouch per application, make sure to "seal" the remaining product in the pouch. Don't leave a gaping open hole, exposing the product to air/dust/whatnot.


Rating: 5/5
*Note: I don't give half marks. 

A great product at a great price - I honestly couldn't find any points to take away.



Repurchase? Yes!

I'll definitely be repurchasing this again, specifically to use during the summer. The Innisfree pore clay mask is my favourite, and it leaves a cooling sensation as well... but the Etude House BPCPS is absolutely amazing in the "cooling, fresh, tingly" department.


If you're interested in buying this product, Honest Skin has some nice sales going on right now - products are 30% off, and you can save some moolah! $$$$.
This sale ends on March 31, 2014 - so save up!






What about you?
This product is apparently pretty popular - have you used it before? What's your favourite scrub? 



Disclaimer: This product was sponsored. The review is 100% honest. My opinion cannot be bought.

29 comments:

  1. Looks really nice! But I wish they come in one big packaging instead, and I agree it does look like it belongs in the kitchen lol. I used black sugar mask from Skin Food which is also very popular but I didn't use it regularly since I'm so lazy haha. I think I should use it religiously so I can see the improvement :)

    ☼ ☀Summer Solstice☀ ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally you posted something! :D i used this one too but idk my nose get itchy everytime i used it :( i'm thinking of trying skinfood black sugar next time hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was researching about Korean Skincare and Cosmetics product reviews when I stumbled on your page! So thanks to all the detailed information, I had a general idea of what more to get on my shopping list to Seoul in September later this year!


    PS: the blog is really funny and bubbly toned, I had a great laugh and enjoyable read! You should do youtube videos! It will be so helpful to everybody. I'm a hard core youtube beauty channel fan, so I will be first to subscribe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juuuuuuuneeee where have you been girl! Haha so glad to see your post again ^^ I want your clear pores *_* haha I only use the cleansing foam from this line so far and it's pretty nice. The scrub packaging is super cute! Thank you for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great scrub and the peppermint smell is a plus plus...i just hope etude would have it in a tube

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea this was minty and I also thought it was a powder or something, I don't even know lol. I thought this was like an enzyme powder scrub in a packet hahaha. Now that I see it's a gel and hear that it's minty this is basically definitely going in my cart. :)

    Thanks for reviewing!

    Sample Hime

    ReplyDelete
  7. June, I miss your post >.<
    I never tried this scrub, I've only tried the cleansing foam and like it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have really bad white heads so I always tried to make my skin smoother and clear up, scrub wise I use a brown sugar and honey with 2 drops of coconut oil (since I have dry skin, the coconut oil adds moisture =)) just a few times a week but I've always wanted to try real scrubs ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! :D Adding it to my wishlist right now! Thanks for the lovely review! ^_^
    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh the packaging is so cute >< I wonder why it comes in separate pouches, though? I imagine if you're not careful to squeeze out everything a lot would go to waste over the entire box D: I do want to try it though (especially for $5)! Thank you for sharing~

    amy | michi★mochi

    ReplyDelete
  11. i googled this so thanks for sharing this review! convinced me to buy and use it. your skin looks so clean

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might have to check a few ingredients but looks like a nice treatment to add into my skin care routine!

    I've been wanting to test that innisfree mask for a while as well.
    Take care, have a nice day!*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool product. I might have to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing! ^^

    http://nagareboshi9.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yayyyy you're back! ^.^
    I've been wanting to try this product, but I've always been reluctant to purchase it >_>
    It seems nice though- I'll give it a try c:
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always thought that this is a "dry product" just cause the name is "baking powder" and when I hear "powder" I automatically think it's "dry"; so I have always wondered if it's dry then how am I going to try it? Wouldn't it get all messy? You've pretty much just answer all my questions and I am excited to try this out! Thanks for the amazeball review x

    ♥Kay
    imladiiekay | Beauty & Lifestyle blog ♡

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been curious about this product for a while and personally wanted to try it out. It's interesting that it's gel-like as I kinda expected it to be more of grainy solid... I also like a fresh cooling sensation so I might try it out soon~ Thanks for the detailed review ^-^

    Snow Queen Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back June! :D

    I always thought since this had the words "baking powder" in its name it would be more like a powder that you had to mix with water haha... oops. This looks like an interesting product but I've heard somewhere that baking powder is bad for your skin? Oh well~ I might not try this though because I'm not a fan of lemon scents, and I'm a bit scent sensitive ^^; Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow seems like a nice product. I've heard that baking powder is good with removing dirt from your skin. I'd love to try this out and hopefully it will work great for me too :) Thanks for the review!

    I've just moved my blog - mind continuing your support by following me? :D

    xx Stella
    www.pastelblvd.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The packaging is so cute ; u;. I probably won't try this because of the scent, but at least it's pretty cheap~ I thought it would look like a powder due to its name, to be honest LOL.

    I really liked Skinfood's face mask/scrubs when I used them awhile ago. Lush are good too since they're natural and they make my face feel clean and soft 8D.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also was turned off from this because I thought it was a powder, but... I guess not! Now I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great to have you back and posting! Thanks for the great review and looking forward to seeing you on my blogger feed again soon hehe ^^

    xoxxoox

    momopodo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. (I feel awkward not posting after 2 weeks, so after one month, I'd probably feel super alienated)(UNI MUST BE RLY GRINDING YOU, EH? :D)
    HAHAHAHA at your mom though! They look like those triangular dishwasher capsule thingies though!
    This sounds not too shabby for $5.32 though! I've already got my fair share of exfoliators, but if ever I'm in the need of one, well, this would fit the bill ;)
    (They should probably have one in a pump version too though, because I feel like all that individual packaging goes to a waste, y'know?)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhh you're back!!! :3 How I've missed your fun reviews Juniieeeee! (Sorry if you don't like being called that bwahaha! XD) I think this sounds like a promising product, though I will admit I use straight baking soda on my face as a cheap and natural/home product exfoliant and it works fantastic! It also doesn't effect my already sensitive skin negatively. ^__^b I've even found mixing baking soda in with my regular cleansers is a nice added "scrubby" particle. I've heard it's a good combo to use baking soda + honey too for black heads. Great review as always! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi June!! Happy to see you back! <333

    When I saw this product I--had--no idea what kind of product it actually was. They look like they are filled with mini M&M's or something! Now you have showed it to me, I should sweep this kind of product whenever I see one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I use the baking powder foam cleanser and it removes my face makeup very well! I would love to try out this one though. Great review :D

    http://kimberleong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Interesting product ^^
    String fragrances out me off >.< But sometimes you can get used to it ^^
    Great to know it's got good skin benefits ^^

    恵美より ♥

    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  27. i thought it was a powder too and didnt buy it cause of that lol, going to make an order now

    ReplyDelete
  28. Etude House always has the cutest packaging! Great review! I'm tempted to get this now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. This seems like a really nice product! I hope I can try this some time *u* Thank you for this review c:
    -Kiyomi xx
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...