Sunday, August 23, 2015

[Review] "Beauteque" BB bag! - August 2015

Hello guys, I'm back with a review - this time, it's on a company called "Beauteque" and it's "BB bags". 

I've said it before on my blog, but subscription boxes aren't really my "thing". A lot of my friends do, they love that stuff.

But uhm... $20 for a box can get me lunch/dinner/lots of Pocky. So going into this review, know that I have super high expectations HAHAA. I want to see value, I say!

Beauteque sent me a BB bag, and I'm here to give you all the details. 


I use "bag" and "box" interchangeably. Excuse meh. 




What's a "BB Bag"?

It's a monthly subscription service that gives "at least 6 full sized luxury products". These can include skincare, makeup... and even jewelry!

Each BB bag has approximately $65-85 worth of products! You get a lot more than what you pay for.

There are a lot of different subscription options. Each of the options are prepaid.
- Month to month option, you're gonna be billed on the 15th.
- Subscribe after the 5th? You're going to get the next month's bag.
(If you subscribe on June 6th, you're not going to get the June BB bag. You'll get the July one.)

Easy peasy.



Can I choose what's in my BB bag?

You have some options.
On the 15th of every month, they will send you an email survey. Fill it out and you can have some option-power over your bag.
- Options: lotion scent, lipstick colour, perfume "flavour", etc.
- If you don't fill it out within the deadline, Beauteque will choose for you.



Price?

- Month to month = $24/month
- 3 Months = $24/Month
- 6 Months = $24/Month
- 12 Months = $22/Month
Shipping charges apply. 
Yo... I wrote "Month" so many times... it's starting to look weird to me. Does that happen to you too? I'm legitimately tripping out here.

Tip: Use coupon "JUNNIKU10" to get discount to get an additional gift in the bag!



Shipping?

Bags get shipped on the end of the 2nd week (of each month).
- Beauteque ships to: USA, Canada, Europe, Australia

Credits: Beautequemonthly.com





August 2015 BB bag

Behind the mint "bow" bag is another bag service that Beauteque offers: review coming soon!

This is such a pretty bag. Ugh. I would have loved it so much.
Unfortunately, they had put the info card on top of the bag, and in transit... I guess it imprinted onto it.

IT'S SO SAD. :( 
Still gonna use it, doe. 




Not sure how any of the products here can be appropriately themed as "treasure" or anything nautical, or "under the sea" or even pirate...
But yeah!
I like the theme concept LOL... pretty cute. 

The information card gives you a brief about each of the items in the bag, and how to use. AWESOME.
They also give you a "value" for each item, so you know the approximate cost of the bag. 


= $71

Additional pictures 






-Han Aka V-Line chin patch 
-Botanical Choice "shiny and hydrating hair mask"
-Purederm "Clean & fresh apple peeling gel"

The Han aka V-line patch is actually curious... very curious. I heard from another person that they actually work, even though its for a limited time. WANT TO TRY. 
Purederm stuff... it's ok. I already tried the peeling gel, it's fine. The hair mask is an automatic give-away to Mr. Junniku. I hate using hair products other than shamp+condi. 


The SAEM "Cover perfection TIP concealer" 

I lost my two (2!!!!!!!) MUFE concealers, and... yo girl don't have enough $$ to buy another one. Ok? So I was concealer-less.
BUT THANK THE HEAVENS THIS WAS IN THE BAG. It's so good, so creamy... so... YES. It's an awesome concealer, and thankfully matches my colour. Will be buying a separate one of these in the future! YES. 
I had no idea this concealer was so popular, but whaaaaoow. Thank you for including this in the BB bag, Beauteque!!!!!!




Holika Holika "Wonder drawing" no smudge liquid eyeliner 

I can't use eyeliners like this to save my life. But I'm actually really glad I got this, I needed a black liquid eyeliner anyways. Will be practising my eyeliner with this!!! YAAASSSS. YOUR GIRL GONNA HAVE SOME MAD EYELINER DONE. 



Mizon all in one snail repair cream (tube)

The famous Mizon snail cream - in a smaller tube format! I reviewed the cream already on my blog here, but I like this format better. Tubes are better than tubs!!!!!!! FOREVER.
FOREVER, I SAY.



Opalis "Best wish" facial oil blotting paper


Oil blotting sheets; comes in super sturdy packaging and it's really nice to use. Same quality as the Sephora collection papers, which... are like... $12? Or something. YAAASS.







So....

If I were have to paid $24 for this box, I think it would be okay. 
I wouldn't be disappointed. 
I'd be pretty happy with my box right here. Happy enough to buy it again.

However, I have to say that the number of masks in this box disappointed me a bit - if I had paid for this box, I would have hoped for other products, preferably not masks. 
If I had wanted so many masks, I had probably gone with their "mask maven" subscription. 

When you see their "at least full sized luxury products!" I don't really think of masks as "full sized"... is it just me?

According to Beauteque, this box is worth $71.25.
The products' listed value is obviously overvalued at times (ahem, the Mizon snail repair cream), but still. Either way...
For $24, it's a pretty fair deal. Sweet.

The fact that they include popular products (Mizon snail cream, the Saem concealer) and a bunch of versatile products (eyeliner, everyone can use another black liquid liner)... 
for me, it's enough to overlook the previously mentioned cons. 





Pros (Why you should subscribe)
- Premium, good quality products
- Comes with at least 6 products 
- Always will be more than $24 retail value; you always get more 
- No 2 BB bags will be the same (month to month)
- Offers options for each bag
- Multiple subscription options (month to month, 3 months, 6 months, etc.)
- Fast customer service
- Company has transparency (they tell you exactly when to expect certain things; emails, surveys, shipping dates, etc.)
- Ships to multiple areas, not limited to North America


Cons 
- Some products overvalued; so the box may be overvalued (still worth over $24, though)
- Too many masks in this bag (in particular)




Would I buy a BB bag? 

Yes
It's $24 for a bag - and you get enough items to make up for the cost! Because they include a lot of Korean products (which I always appreciate), I like it. 
Subscription boxes are a risk, but sometimes you gotta take a risk. How else will you find your next HG? 
Maybe it's in the next BB bag. ;) HEHEHE.

I know that personally, I'll be picking up the "The Saem" concealer. I tried it out thanks to Beauteque, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. 
IT'S SO GOOD! O_O;
Please try it!!! 

There's always going to be that ONE product I don't like in a box, but... I mean, I have friends. They can have it, hahahahaha. 









What about you?
Have you heard of Beauteque? Do you subscribe to any bags/boxes already? Do you like them?


Disclaimer: The products above were sent to me for review. All opinions are my own. My opinion cannot be bought.

40 comments:

  1. OOOo this looks like a lot of fun!! :D Awesome review and I'm glad to hear of this company! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats such a cute bag, sorry about the transfer
    will surly check it out asap
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little bag could have been so cute!! ughh...try cleaning it with some type of remover?
    ohh!! yes! I've tried the saem concealer, and it's so nice to use~
    thx for sharing June! ♡♡♡
    xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn || Dal Shabet Subin Makeup Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you'll do a review about this papers because I don't know what they are and I'm curious :3

    http://cookiescorpse.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the bag that it comes in is SO CUTE!! but it sucks that it got imprinted on, ugh ><
    the blotting paper is cute too... lol
    but i've never bought any subscription before, haha

    Judy | Simply MiuYee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still so nervous about trying out these subscription boxes.. I feel like i might not get anything that would fit my skin type since I'm dark skinned lol.. I might give this a go though since $24 is quite cheap! Thanks for reviewing this box!
    Minae ♥ Minaekei

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking about weather I should or not get this...I wanted to try memebox but they no longer ship to europe :c
    I'm also really curious about the saem's concealer and I might get one for myself :3

    Take care*

    ReplyDelete
  8. the bag is soo cute, could u remove the stain on it? >3< hope it can be cleaned.
    the beauty bag is really cheap, and worth to buy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH I'm always soo tempted by subscriptions like this but I can never bring myself to buy one for some reason. Though, this all looks great! *u* It's such a great deal~ thank you for reviewing this!
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm too scared to try out subscriptions, in case my debit card gets denied or something lol. Tbh I quite like the imprint on the bag, to me it somehow looks like it was purposely designed like that but it's probably because I like abstract things :P I'm glad most to these products worked/ became useful to you :)

    Kelly ♡
    http://kelkelxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything here looks great! It's a shame about the bag though.. it's such a cute bag!

    Mary x
    JOIN MY GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the surprise element of these subscription boxes, but I feel like they'll disappoint me most of the time. ( ̄~ ̄;) Nice review though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice bag! That's too bad about the ink rubbing off on the cute cute purse though :(
    I really liked the Mizon All-in-One Snail Cream ^^
    Celestial Love

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a nice haul you got goin on there giiiirl! :3 I'm totes eyeing that concealer and the eyeliners! I'm still too scurred to jump on the subscription box wagon. :/ Also! That's too bad the bag was all roughed up like that; it was too cute! T__T So glad to see more posts from you! <3 Hoping for more! I'm on a semi-permanent hiatus until I get a new place. >__O

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sad that the bag got dirty but the products that you got look really cool!! Too bad they don't ship to my country :c I bet a lot of people in the Philippines would love to subscribe to the BB bag since a lot of us are obsessed with everything korean

    BCfactor Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you got so many amazing products!! <3 That eyeliner is actually the kind I love to use haha :) when you learn to use it you'll just love it!!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a nice subscription. Honestly, there are so many subscription boxes out there it's hard to keep track or know which one to choose as so many are so similar, but it looks like you got some nice products!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love how you prioritize pocky over beauty boxes. pocky are very important indeed.
    but this box does look good :D would be such a nice gift to yourself every month if you'd get a subscription ^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. ive heard of this box before but havent really looked into it.
    i'm kind of weary about subscription boxes because it ends up costing too much money + shipping to australia T-T glad you got some nice stuff :) never good to be concealer-less, think i would cry lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm kind of like you: not a big fan of subscription boxes because I feel like most of the items would be "misses" for me. I prefer browsing what others have reviewed and then lusting over items to add to my next haul ;D Just like the Saem concealer! That's so great it worked for you! I'm going to have to look into that one more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely review! I have yet to try the Beauteque bags, but now I'm definitely interested because it looks like you get a pretty good bang for your buck. :D However, I totally agree with you on the whole thing about masks... I hate when companies count sheet masks as a "full sized" product! >:(

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE Beauteque! I generally buy their Head to Toe bags because I have the freedom to not buy if I don't want to.

    The blotting papers are the best. I feel better using those than Clean & Clear because they are actual paper. Makes me feel a little more environmentally conscious? And it's damn cute packaging doesn't hurt it's case.

    Too bad about the bag. Maybe you can clean it off with something like Resolve, or a little dish detergent.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's soo bad about the bag, it's so cute! I hope you can save it! I love subscription bag services, I think they're so much fun! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. The bag is so cute the items outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is such a shame they don't ship to Mexico, this sounds actually interesting

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a pity with the makeup bag, but at least the goodies are amazing June ^_^ !

    the products seem very amazing, I'm captivated by the multi function snail cream!

    Lauren xx | laurlauu . beauty . fashion . life . blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hmm, while I agree this bag is pretty good, like you I much prefer if it wasn't so many masks. I do like that the Holika Holika eye liner was included, that's a great brand. I might consider trying for a month and hopefully I won't get that many masks in it.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  28. im also not a huge subscription box girl... i hate not knowing what im paying for haha! but its good that they give you more options tho cause the sub boxes here are not like that (at least those i know of). and that teal bag is so cute! i recently ordered slippers from a store and same thing happened :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. This reminds of meme box... not too bad for 24 bucks... i still have had the chance to try a snail cream yet!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh man that's too bad about the bad. It's really cute but it's unfortunate that the text or imprinting got stuck on there. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  31. I absolutely love how how you've structured this post! It's so fun and easy to read and get the exact info that you need. I can't believe the value for the box is like $70! Thats amazing :o I do agree with you about the face masks though, they should include only one per bag. That eyeliner tip looks brilliant, I think it's so hard to find the perfect liner and although it would take a while to do a full flick with that, there would be less chance of me having to wipe off and start again cause I did the line too thick!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like a nice selection! Loving the look of the face masks especially. Too bad about the bag being damaged, though!

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. First time I've seen this subscription. I like it! What happened to the pretty bag made me a bit sad though. >.< I can't do eyeliner to save my life too. Haha! Overall, I think this one's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. June!! That looks like a wonderful beauty subscription~ The Saem! Mizon! Waaahhh~~ I am so envious! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  35. This BB bag sounds great! It offers wonderful selection of products.
    Have a lovely day!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  36. What do you think of the SAEM concealer?
    I was going to get it but read a few reviews saying it'll look cakey after applying so I got myself a Nature Republic botanical concealer (●´ω`●)

    Haven't even tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh gosh its too nice only $24 you get all of that!
    The bag too cute tbh,
    Its like getting 'fukubukuro' bag in term of beauty!

    PETITEDIARIES

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...